[CQ-Contest] Proposed new packet/assisted rule

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 12 09:13:54 EST 2004

So, once again, we're going to make people pay the price for the actions of
others over which they have no control. Isn't that what a little thing
called the Boston Tea Party was about?

The problem with this idea is that it means everybody would be 'assisted.'
Everybody gets spotted at one time or another.

The economics of maintaining a packet version of the 'do not call list' are
staggering. Who would pay? And, once again, please have someone explain to
me why the packet sysops would give a damn. You need them to buy into this
idea or the whole thing is shot. And given how expensive, how
adminstratively difficult it would be, I just don't see them doing that.

And even if it did happen, it wouldn't be flawless. Some folk on the do not
spot list would be spotted.

John, does this mean you now question your accomplishment of the current SS
phone QRP record? Particularly since you admitted that the key to your
success was being spotted.

For a country that was founded on vehement (and justified, BTW) opposition
to 'taxation without representation,' I find it astonishing to see people so
willing to throw away the principles of justice that millions have died
fighting to preserve. Particularly on an issue that has yet to be
demonstrated actually is an issue.

73, kelly
ve4xt