[CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick

Steve London n2ic at arrl.net
Sat Nov 13 18:56:22 EST 2004

The comments below are NOT intended as a personal slam on Hans, since I
recognize that this is widely practiced (and Hans is an all-around good guy
!).

This should be treated no differently than listening during your off-time,
which is clearly against the rules for all ARRL contests.  It can be argued
that the contest hasn't started yet, therefore it's not considered off-time.
However, ethically, this is as inappropriate as listening during an
off-time.

How about the ARRL making a statement on this practice in their "general
rules for ARRL contests" ?

Steve London, N2IC