[CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sun Nov 14 18:05:01 EST 2004

Let me get this straight:

If I work a station once the contest starts, I might be cited as having
heard that station before the contest started.

(How can I prove I didn't?)

If I don't listen before the contest, then I don't risk being cited for
having listened before the contest.
(How can one confirm I didn't listen?)

If I'm calling CQ before the contest, I can't be cited for having listened
before the contest.

But, I shouldn't work anyone before the contest because if I do I then put
the station I work at risk of being cited for having listened before the
contest?

The upside is (yes, there is an upside!) that whoever cites or charges me
with having listened before the contest is also guilty for having listened
before the contest.

73,
dale, kg5u