[CQ-Contest] IOTA Contest Results

Donald Field g3xtt at lineone.net
Mon Nov 15 05:08:43 EST 2004

As some of you have spotted, the IOTA Contest Results are now on the RSGB HFCC Web pages (www.rsgbhfcc.org), along with Soapbox and photos. The list of trophy winners will be posted soon. If you spot any errors, please let me know a.s.a.p. (end-November, latest) so that I can correct them in the version which will be published in February RadCom (RSGB magazine).

The results are, as last year, collated by Multi- and Single-op and by Island and non-Island. If you want to list specific categories (e.g. 12-hour QRP) the easiest thing to do is copy the relevant table into a spreadsheet and sort accordingly. However, for convenience, the leading station in each sub-category has been highlighted in bold text.

Our variant on UBN reports is available on request (send me an e-mail). The checking has been more comprehensive than ever this year, thanks particularly to some new software developed by Marios 5B4WN/G0WWW, to whom I am extremely grateful. Thank you for your patience in dealing with our new two-stage submission process, where we had a few teething problems. This process is necessary because many otherwise perfectly acceptable Cabrillo logs don't actually carry the correct header information (IOTA contest categories differ from those in many other contests). The good news is that, as a result of the two-stage process, we have had to engage in far less correspondence with entrants than in previous years.

My thanks to all who have helped with the adjudication and other aspects of the contest management, to the log program authors who have worked to ensure that logs are compliant, to various others who have played a part behind the scenes, and to all who entered - over 1200 logs again, despite the atrocious band conditions over the contest weekend.

Finally, my apologies for not posting Claimed (pre-checked) scores on the Web site in early October as originally envisaged. This was because our priority was to get Final scores ready in time for the RSGB HF Convention in late October - a testing challenge!

73 Don G3XTT
IOTA Contest Manager
iotacontest at rsgbhfcc.org