[CQ-Contest] Single Op Unassisted - Propagation Assistance?

George Skoubis george.skoubis at verizon.net
Mon Nov 15 23:45:57 EST 2004

Level the Playing Field?  Surely you jest?

Those of you without XYL's should remember some of us have to do the
following on a contest weekend...

A. Explain why you need to operate in this contest. 10 minutes off time
B. Take 2 hour off time for Church.
C. Mow Lawn / Shovel Snow / Help carry in Groceries / Shopping bags /
etc. 2 hour off time
D. Make children Saturday morning breakfast (since you promised XYL last
night she could sleep in if you could contest). 20 minutes off time
E. Take XYL / Family / Friends out to Saturday evening dinner (or cook
dinner). 2 hours off time
F. Referee dispute between children (or between XYL and children). 1/2
hour off time
G. Fix broken item(s) in house you promised you would fix in the future
(3 months ago). 2 hour off time
H. Take son for Sunday afternoon bike ride.  3 hour off time.
H. Sunday Family Dinner.  Quit contest 3 hours before end for weekly
Sunday dinner.

Total 15 hours.

This proves those of us with XYL's should multiply our score by 1.3125
to compensate when there is a 48 hour contest.

On the other hand we do get a few advantages.
A. We do get food brought to us occasionally.
B. We don't have to crawl into cold sheets when we sleep on our off
times.
C. We get more exercise completing our chores (and the bike ride).

73 de George / KF9YR