[CQ-Contest] Cordless headsets?

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 17 07:05:48 EST 2004

Rich is right on both counts.

I have also seen several of these telephone type headsets, not really good
enough for our demanding purpose.

However, better devices definitely do exist, as I have seen them (albeit on
TV), in two situations;

1. Floor or studio manager on a TV or film set.

2. Football or Rugby coach

Surely we have  a sportsman or film star who could advise!

Oh well back to trying to get the boom mic. to work :-(

73

Clive
GW3NJW

<Actually, the original post was inquiring about the possible availability
of a cordless headset (headphones plus boom microphone.)

     The closest fit to ham radio might be this Plantronics headset:
http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/productName/CS50FREESHIP
It is designed to be plugged into a telephone, but someone creative
might be able to hack it into regular headphone and mic connectors.
It is digital audio, but it doesn't look like the best set of headphones...>