[CQ-Contest] Rules

wa4dou at juno.com wa4dou at juno.com
Wed Nov 17 12:46:51 EST 2004

I believe it is right and does make sense to make rules that are unenforceable, just because there is no one to stand over your shoulder and watch. I will not begin in any sense of the word to enjoy any advantage in a contest before the starting bell. I do not use the packet cluster, ever, under any conditions and I want no advantage that it could afford me for either contesting or dx'ing. There is such a thing as honor and it is enough for me to know that if a person has no honor, they will know it. I am not a serious contester. I enjoy the game, winning is not worth it if one has to cheat. It really is true that "its how you play the game that counts". If you don't agree then do your own thing. But if you cheat, you're only cheating yourself.
73 de Roy WA4DOU