[CQ-Contest] NT presence in SS

J. Allen vy1ja at northwestel.net
Thu Nov 18 11:58:33 EST 2004

Hi again, All,

This year could be one of the easiest to find NT in SS phone.  NWT has been
increasing in its activity in the contests and in the Yukon part of the NT
section, there is at least one SSpedition to NT with a multi-op crew.
Expect to also  see steadies like VY1YT, VY1CQ, and especially VY1MB, Bob
who will be doing his first full-out effort on High Power.  (Congrats on the
high power ticket, Bob).   I have lent my amp to Bob as a back-up in case
anything happens.

Please especially watch for Bob, and help him in this effort.

Since the section is gong to be covered well this year, I have decided to do
my first QRP effort.  The shoe will be on the other foot... because with all
the help, no one will need to work the QRP entry, but I will need to work
you.  Please listen for VY1JA in there.  If you hear the faint ghost of a
signal, realize that I will be running only 5 watts.

Thanks

J.