[CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 12:11:37 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/19/04 4:39:48 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
TOMK5RC at aol.com writes:

The  gauntlet  is
thrown in the essence of pushing the technology envelope  and, perhaps, not
seeing
another thread about how packet is  unfair.

A very interesting idea.

However, on the posts about packet........I don't think most of the posts
stated that packet is unfair.  Most guys don't have a problem with the use  of
packet.  Rather, it is the WAY in which packet is sometimes used that is
unfair.  K1TTT, myself, or other critics of the abuses of packet,  should not
remain silent on this matter.  It is only by attacking these  abuses, that changes
may be made in operating habits.

I want the dirtbags who are abusing packet to feel guilty when they  look at
that shiny plaque on the wall and know that it's not so shiny  because they
got them by self-spotting or got a bunch of their buddies back home  in the XYZ
Contest Club to cheerlead them.  I want their buddies to digest  what has been
written, and to see if perhaps they think as highly of their  packet abusing
buddy as they did before.

Positive thinking is great and for the most part most of the guys are on  the
square.  However, we cannot ignore the cheaters and we must apply  peer
pressure of them.  This reflector is an excellent way to do  it.  So are one-on one
chats with members of your local club.

Talk it up at contest club gatherings.  I doubt anyone will admit  to abuses,
but it may make them reexamine their ethics of operating...and  perhaps
readjust accordingly.  I hope so.

Bill K4XS