[CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 12:32:45 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/19/2004 9:13:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dezrat1242 at ispwest.com writes:

On Fri,  19 Nov 2004 09:29:42 EST, TOMK5RC at aol.com wrote:

>The gauntlet   is
>thrown in the essence of pushing the technology envelope and,  perhaps, not
seeing
>another thread about how packet is  unfair.

IMHO,  packet is not unfair, it is just undesirable.  We are getting
farther  away from being radio operators and closer to being
technogeeks.   Nothing wrong with new technology, but the direction
we're moving has less  and less to do with transmitting and receiving
radio signals by a human  operator.

I miss the old days.  :-(

--
Bill W6WRT,  certified OF

Pine away, Bill. We wouldn't be having this conversation if it weren't for
technogeeks. Also, I doubt if there would even be any contesting if we still
used Valiant's, HQ180's and bugs. Us OF's would be playing pinochle  instead.

Tom  Taormina, K5RC
Virginia City, Nevada
Contesting from the Comstock
W7RN  - K7RC