[CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting

Gerry Hull gerry at w1ve.com
Fri Nov 19 14:15:27 EST 2004

Hi Red,

As Randy stated, I did build such an application for Writelog, called
"Leaderboard Live".  It showed all participants Writelog score in real time
on a web page, as well as in a window within Writelog.   I tried it for a
season of contests, but the interest was limited.

I still have the code lying around -- what would be more interesting, to me,
as a start, would be to have a contest which is score VALIDATED in real
time.  In this case, your actual QSO entries are sent to a central web site,
and verified against the other participants logs.   Then, as soon as the
contest ends, you have FINAL results!  What could be cooler than that?

Anyway, if there is enough interest, I can setup Leaderboard Live again
(Probably not before CQWW, but certainly for ARRL and perhaps other
contests.)
Right now, it's a WriteLog only interface, but I'm sure I could get N1MM
interfaced very easily.

73,

Gerry, W1VE