[CQ-Contest] SS Phone

Steve steveac at charter.net
Mon Nov 22 09:28:27 EST 2004

Good move on your part Chuck.

I noticed some first-time contesters too. Perhaps 5 or 10 guys who
called me and said "I'm not in the contest but wanted to give you a
contact, what do you need?"  It was usually a slow time when this
happened, so it seemed like a good idea to walk them through the
exchange format. I got the QSO points and perhaps those stations came
away with a better understanding of and tolerance for radio contesting.
And perhaps, as in your example, a future contester or two :)

73, Steve K8JQ