[CQ-Contest] SS Improvement

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 15:04:10 EST 2004

> While we're at it, let's get serious about revising this contest to
> stimulate more activity.  Make mults one per band rather than
> overall.

Uh.....no thanks.

One of the beautiful things about SS is you don't have to have big antennas
on all bands.  Not too many guys are set up like W9RE, WP3R, N9RV or myself
to work SS.  You only need to be loud on one or two bands to do really well
(over 1000 QSOs).  Take a guy out in OH, or PA with nice dipoles for 75 and  40
and he can easily work 1000 guys even with crappy antennas on 20, 15 and  10.
Make it a six band multiplier contest and the guys with no 160 and no
tribanders are going to get killed.

If you think the non-contesters are howling now, just wait until we start
moving these guys from NT all over the place.  20 and 40 are wall to  wall now,
can you imagine what it would sound like with guys moving mults up and  down
blindly.  J would definitely break the record for the most band  changes in
history.

I love the NA QSO Party and moving mults works for that one because we all
use low power and the activity is lighter.

If you want more action and to stay busy try borrowing a friend's rig and
going SO2R.  I had a taste of being a little pistol last year when I went  QRP
in last year's CW SS.  Having two radios kept me occupied all  weekend.

Back to reading all the emails on the intentional QRM...more to come on  that
subject.  The response has been huge.

Bill K4XS