[CQ-Contest] SS Rules

Leigh S. Jones kr6x at kr6x.com
Thu Nov 25 14:34:20 EST 2004

I am going to agree here with Mike here.  There was once a time that
the FCC interpretation of the rules agreed with Mal.  These days the
only thing that prevents a guest operator at N7MAL's QTH from
signing his own callsign in lieu of N7MAL would be the personal
decisions made by the property owner; i.e., N7MAL tells the operator
that he must sign N7MAL and use a check of 57.  Neither FCC
rules nor contest rules are specific.  The contest rules have never
been very clear on this, the FCC rules have become more lax over
the years.