[CQ-Contest] Here we go again

Bill Coleman aa4lr at mac.com
Fri Nov 26 11:37:20 EST 2004

On Nov 23, 2004, at 7:11 PM, ak0a wrote:

> The only rule change in various contest should be the two Radio
> operations listed as a separate category.

Why? It's just one operator and a single transmitter.

> Single radio stations do not stand a chance of winning anything....

That's not true. Single radio stations do quite well. There's likely to
be several single radio stations in the top 10 of every category.

> and Yes, not everyone can afford to build a two radio contest station.

A two radio contest station is not expensive. That's a myth. You can
pick up a second transceiver for less than $500 at any hamfest. A used
vertical might set you back $200. Many hams have HF transceivers in
their cars -- bring it into the hamshack for the contest.

> it is for this reason that I do not send in logs anymore and yes I
> work every contest that comes along. MHO.

Real contesters send in their logs for every event -- no matter how
small. They recognise that their logs are important for judging the
results of the other operators. And even small scores can help our
their contest club.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901