[CQ-Contest] Here we go again

Rick Bullon kc5ajx at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 21:27:24 EST 2004

----Original Message Follows----
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242 at ispwest.com>
To: Bill Coleman <aa4lr at mac.com>
CC: ak0a <ak0a at kc.rr.com>, CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:27:24 -0800

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:37:20 -0500, Bill Coleman wrote:

 >> The only rule change in various contest should be the two Radio
 >> operations listed as a separate category.
 >
 >Why? It's just one operator and a single transmitter.

Why?  Because two radios changes the amount of listening time
available.  With one radio, you are transmitting roughly half the time
and listening half the time.  With two radios you are able to listen
100% of the time, and on multiple bands if you like.

It is more than just a technicality.  It is a fundamental shift in the
nature of contesting itself and deserves its own category, just like
LP and HP.

--
Bill W6WRT

Hey Bill
This can be done with just 1 rig an IC-7800  and I could be wrong but I
think the older Yaesu  1000 series rigs and the Kenwood 950 had a sub
receiver so you could listen to 2 bands. So if an contest op had one of
these rigs would he be SO1R or SO2R????

Now to throw another sub topic out. I think that the receiving station that
has a QSO with a QRP station should get extra points, after all who is doing
the work in this QSO not the QRP station
Flame suit on :-)
73
Rick
kc5ajx