[CQ-Contest] Limited Antenna Height Category

Scott Nichols snichols at mvosprey.com
Tue Nov 30 11:24:32 EST 2004

How we're talking!!...The CQ WPX contests have the "TB-WIRES" category
which allows (max) 1 tri-bander for the high bands (one feedline) and
single element wire antennas for the low bands...That category, in my
opinion, makes a whole lot of sense and encompasses the vast majority of
casual, and many semi serious guys...I sometimes wonder why CQ doesn't
expand this category to their other contests...Dump the "Assisted"
categories and replace them with the TB-WIRES...That would be my
vote...Antennas are everything as far as I'm concerned when you want to
be heard and want to hear...I'd trade my amp and one of my MP's for a
180' tower stacked with C31's ANYDAY...

73, Scott VE1OP