[CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation was: Limited Antenna Height Category

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Tue Nov 30 12:45:23 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:34:44 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

>I acknowledge that ARRL would be "letting down their guard" to some extent
>if they allowed block transfers of matched CQWW QSOs, but at some point in
>any such exercise I think you have to ask how much you are giving away for
>the last 1 percent of security.

The last time I checked, the ARRL would not accept QSLs from eQSL,
even though the QSO was confirmed at both ends.  They might change
their attitude if there were some good security guarantees but it
would be difficult to convince them.  They have spent a lot of time
getting LoTW secure and I doubt they would be willing to compromise it
even a little bit.  Just a guess, I could be wrong.

--
Bill W6WRT