[CQ-Contest] Re: Topband: 2004 ARRL 160M Contest

Barry N1EU n1eu at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:32:40 EST 2004

>From: "on4ww" <on4ww at pandora.be>

>most people with Beverages are not listening to e.g. EU.
>Year after year it is a pain to try and get attention of the NA stations.

Mark, I can understand your frustration after reading of your experience.
Part of the problem is that some folks are putting out some pretty big
signals without understanding the need for and use of receive antennas.

FWIW, from my local sunset to European sunrise I give highest priority to
listening for Europe on my NE Beverage and lower priority to other
directions.

73,
Barry N1EU