[CQ-Contest] Radiosports for the 21st Century

Joe Contester radiosporting at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 17:33:46 EST 2004

I think a lot of folks to things as Steve does (I sure do).  As obvious as it seems 90% of us will not place in the top 10 % of scores submitted.  We need (and improvise) something else to motivate our efforts.  I'm simply suggesting that having a dashboard with motivating information would add a sense of excitement that 90% of us could use.

Envision a dashboard in which you could pre-enter your goals in each area and have it calculate your progress in reaching each in real-time, too.

This is a good thread.  Keep it going!

asciibaron at comcast.net wrote:
Before the ARRL SS SSB, i evaluted my station and my skills and determined what my goal was going to be based on those factors. I was going to be competing against the previous year's top 5 in the MDC section in the SOLP unassisted category.