[CQ-Contest] Here we go again

Gregg Seidl k9kl at direcway.com
Tue Nov 30 18:04:20 EST 2004

I can't beleive all the fuss over contest catagories.Just because you don't
win doesn't mean you lost!!!What about the sheer fun of it.Some of us can't
devote all weekend to anything because of other things.Why should someone
who can't operate the whole time win anything?Did they do something
extra-ordinary?My lowly advice;get over turn the radio and see how you can
get in the time available knowing maybe one time the stars will line up and
you can devote the whole weekend to that one contest and really go after
it.Same goes for those who have stacked stacks,so what.There is room for
everyone.Those stations that can afford the time and money required to
install and maintain those array deserve it.They are way more commited then
I could ever hope to be.I've been working on get my small stack( 2 A-3's and
2 6M-9KHW's) for a year now but because of my other interests I haven't been
able to complete them yet.Those guys are into contesting more then I ever
will be.I bet I can fly my R/C planes beter then they could.Point is some
are REALLY into contesting,I say thanks because when my wife says jokingly
about all my towers and such I can get out my latest NCJ and say"see mine
ain't so bad"!!    Gregg  K9KL