[CQ-Contest] Re: Topband: 2004 ARRL 160M Contest

on4ww on4ww at pandora.be
Tue Nov 30 04:21:30 EST 2004

Hi Ford and all,

I think remembering we discussed what follows, after last year's event.
To that regard, I already talked to ARRL people about this, but there was no
interest.
Haven't read this year's rules yet, but I guess they have not changed.

My point is that year after year the arrl160m contest has been a non-event
for me, although I was every year chasing 'new ones'. The problem is there
is not enough incentive for NA to work DX, even though the DX is a
multiplier. Meaning that most people with Beverages are not listening to
e.g. EU.
Year after year it is a pain to try and get attention of the NA stations.
And those are the only ones, WE can work during this contest.
Imho the remedy to this, would be to increase the points attributed to a US
station working a DX station, significantly. Only then the directional rx
antennas will be pointed to other areas more frequently, and everybody will
have more fun.

73 - Mark

Stories and pictures on ON4WW's travels are on the following URLs :
http://www.on4ww.be and http://www.qsl.net/on4ww