[CQ-Contest] Don't we need to change the sprint protocol?

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 17 14:17:04 EDT 2004

Hello all:

One very helpful thing to avoid the confusion as to acknowledging Sprint
QSOs would be if everyone possible used full QSK.  I know a number of
very good contest operators who do not like to use QSK, but they are
losing out on the opportunity to hear that station who sends a quick R
or dit-dit at the end of their Exchange, as well as the one who doubles
with them or who was actually calling someone else and calls again while
they are transmitting.

I know it may be a distraction with SO2R and that may be a trade-off
that you make for SO2R, but I highly recommend that every CW contester
use full QSK whenever possible.  My doubtful Sprint exchanges or
acknowledgements have been significantly reduced since I got an Alpha 78
full QSK amplifier.

73,

John, K4BAI.