[CQ-Contest] HELP -- Could someone scan a photo of me out of an old CQ?

Brooke Allen brookea at mapleusa.com
Sat Sep 18 09:38:34 EDT 2004

QST:

I am a securities trader on Wall Street. Our trade magazine (Traders Magazine) wants to do a "lifestyles" portrait on me and my hobby of Ham Radio. They are looking for old pictures of me related to this hobby.

I participated in the CQWW Phone contest as N2BA/HI8 somewhere around 1978-1980. CQ published a picture of me in the results. I don't remember exactly the date of the publication, but I do remember that the cover had a reddish picture of an antenna farm at sunset. The photo showed me (beard and all) on the roof of HI8EDS with my TS-820.

Could someone please try to find this picture, scan it in, and e-mail it to me? I'd greatly appreciate this!

The publication is working on a tight deadline --- they're putting the issue to bed on Monday, so time is of the essence.

Please send it to me at:

brookea at mapleusa.com <mailto:brookea at mapleusa.com>

73,

Brooke Allen, N2BA