[CQ-Contest] Don't we need to change the sprint protocol?

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 18 21:22:33 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 11:34, David A. Pruett wrote:
> Having said all this, I've never had problems getting acknowledgements from
> the really good CW Sprinters like N6TR, N5TJ, the late W4AN and
> others.  The really good guys know how to do it right.

Not *sending* an acknowledgement is only half the problem.  (and yes,
the masters do get it right)  The other half are operators who don't
wait for the acknowledgement  to be sent before they dump in their
call.

I wonder how many QSOs I missed in the Sprint because I waited for the
finishing station to send "R" - and someone else didn't...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66