[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 and Writelog

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Thu Apr 7 22:17:18 EDT 2005

     The ARRLWeb has a short article about how the WRTC2006 rules have
been finalized.  Thanks to that article, I can follow a link to the
official rules:  http://www.wrtc2006.com/ingles/ruleswrtc2006Vfinal.pdf
(Thanks to thoughtless design, I still cannot access the actual WRTC web
site directly, though.)

     Under Rule 8, it says: "We highly recommend the use of Writelog for
all competitors."

     Can anyone expain why the organizers are recommending one particular
product brand over another?  (Especially given that most WRTC 2002 teams
chose not to use Writelog.)

     Can we look forward to future WRTCs recommending Yaesu transceivers
or Heil headsets or N5RZ Brand t-shirts or whatever?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/