[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 and Writelog

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 11 13:51:34 EDT 2005

The official answer should come from the judges.  However, W4AN and I
used the regular CT (not CTWIN) WRTC version in 2002 and had no problem
that we were made aware of.  If there was some problem with the line
placement in the Cabrillo file, we were never told of it.

I am thinking that the problem that N6TJ/N6AA had was with Writelog WRTC
version not keeping proper track of the multipliers and that was caused
by something in the set up for the program.  One of the really nice
things about CT (and NA) is that the set-up is so easy and intuitive
that it is hard for the operator to make a major error to prevent the
software from working properly and from keeping track of the score
correctly.  This has certainly not been my experience with Writelog and
(to a much lesser degree) TR.

My suggestion would be that the WRTC versions of logging programs for
use next year should be as foolproof as possible and that other options
not applicable to WRTC logging and scoring should be removed.

73,

John, K4BAI.