[CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC :-{

WI8W wi8w at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 00:07:54 EDT 2005

"Too bad that e-qsl isn't recognized for any awards....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901"

Not exactly true.  The QRP Amateur Radio Club International offers a full range of awards that recognize EQSL verifications.  Just 2 requirements though...

1.  The EQSL must come from a Authenticated member of EQSL and the applicant for any award must also be a Authenticated member if they use EQSL verifications to qualify for a award.

2.  Our awards are for QRP operations only.

The EQSL website has a list of every organization/or award that accepts EQSL for verification.

It is a shame that the ARRL choose not to recognize EQSL.  But I also understand their "if we did not think of it, it is not worth our effort" mentality.

By the way,  I have asked that our awards program be included in LOTW..but I suspect that is several years away yet.

As for the expense of LOTW...I find that it is a lot cheaper than about 90% of the money I have spent over the years for QSL cards.  I still prefer a good old paper card for the "beauty" of them.

73

Thom WI8W
Awards Manager QRPARCI