[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

sawyered@earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 11:51:18 EDT 2005

Actually, from looking at my UBN's, I do not recall being penalized for the other guy missing my call.  I see a few N1RR vs. my N1UR and I still have credit for the Q because it is close, at the same time, and it isn't in Charlie's log at the same time (I assume).  The one's that I get reduced on are NIL and nothing close, or, I copied his call wrong.

I would like to see the scoring changed to emphasize that both ends of the QSO are right.  But from what I see in the CQ WW, ARRL DX, CQ WPX series, if you have his stuff right and he is very close to getting yours right, but not quite right with it, you get full credit and he loses.  So it goes.

Ed  N1UR