[CQ-Contest] CQWW Contest rule changes, zero points QSO's, etc.

N4XM Paul D. Schrader n4xm at iglou.com
Mon Dec 5 16:03:06 EST 2005

Gerry,

They should propose that for themselves.  Something similar would be in order.
The idea is to bring the geographic sections to a balance in the same country.
Since you would not be adding to the score of the most capable location in
that country, the international competition between countries would remain
the same.

The same idea could be used to balance things between different countries.
But I propose we first would need to try to do that within countries first.
 We
could use the USA as a test vehicle.  And we could try it out by scoring
the contest two ways for a few years.  This would be very easy with computers.
Contest operation would not be changed.

As to stopping the CQing, probably not practical outside the USA.

Some might say that not allowing CQing in the USA would make them
non-competitive in relation to the rest of the world.  But that is already the
case because of better and rarer DX locations now.  (Also think of the
energy saving!!!)

73

Paul  N4XM