[CQ-Contest] Reporting Jammers to the FCC

k0luz@topsusa.com k0luz at topsusa.com
Wed Dec 7 15:29:44 EST 2005

Has the OO program improved??  Who is training and certifying OOs??  In a
previous life, (in other words - long long ago),  I was appointed an OO via
the ARRL.  What this meant was I received a stack of cards sent from ARRL
that I could use to fill out and send to "violators". Did I receive any
training to determine what a violation was?  No,  however, I will say that
the people who were OO's, seemed to be knowledgeable from operating and
participating in various activities. However,  we did not have any contact
or affiliation with the FCC.

I also received a nice certificate to hang on the wall.   AND I got to use
the appointment to participate in CD contest parties (now you know how long
ago).

Unless things are very different in modern time,  OO appointees will be
ineffective in solving this situation.

73
Red K0LUZ