[CQ-Contest] What to expect from 10 meters???

Jose Valdes jvaldesr at cantv.net
Thu Dec 8 10:08:36 EST 2005

 Hello,

All the comments are absolutely right.

A good frequency to monitor for openings on 10 meters is 28.200, there we
have 18 beacons distributed around the word in all continents and in both
hemispheres,  most of them are currently active,  and since, and I quote
their site, "a transmission consists of the callsign of the beacon sent at
22 words per minute followed by four one-second dashes. The callsign and the
first dash are sent at 100 watts. The remaining dashes are sent at 10 watts,
1 watt and 100 milliwatts" they can give a good idea how good is the
propagation to and from your QTH to the area of the word were the beacons
you can heard are located, more info and details at:

http://www.ncdxf.org/beacons.html

These beacons are also useful in other bands since we have them on 10 ,12
,15 ,17 and 20 meters, the last few days I have been listening on 28.200
white doing some works around the shack and answering mails and I have been
able to copy YV5B this one of course doesn't count for me since I can
physically see its location, 4U1UN, VK6REP, ZS6DN, 5Z4TU, OH2B and CS3B, not
all with good signals but all readable.

73/DX Jose M. Valdes R. (Joe) YV5LIX
eQSL.cc Advisory Board Member
QSL manager EA7FTR