[CQ-Contest] conditions for 10 meters

Jim Brookmon jbrookmon at carolina.rr.com
Thu Dec 15 21:30:43 EST 2005

As long as we are discussing strange openings.  How about 10 or 15 meters at around 0400 to 0500z beaming due south and hearing and working UA0 and VK6.  I first found this opening long after the bands had died to SA and VK while operating W4AXE.  I later asked the operators of W3MSK and W4BVV about it and they said "Yeah we know it exists and I guess now you do too."   I will try to scratch my memory for some more of these odd ones.  I remember also LP openings on 10 and 15 to the mid east and even into Europe around 0500 to 0600 z but these were really rare into Florida.

Jim WA4PXP