[CQ-Contest] Log checking questions..Did they cheat?

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 22:35:07 EST 2005

> I think it might be time to just do away with the packet
> assisted category and let everyone do whatever they want.

This idea should not be tossed aside lightly.

It should be hurled aside with great force!

There are many contesters with a sort of "purist" mindset which goes
something like this --- "every contact that goes into my log is based on
work that >I< did inside the contest period totally from >my< shack."
Making us compete with others who prefer outside assistance is patently
unfair, no matter how you spin it with "well, if you wanted, you could peek
too -- wink wink, nudge nudge".

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb