[CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

n4gi@tampabay.rr.com n4gi at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Dec 16 09:20:30 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Pascoe <davekm3t at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, December 16, 2005 8:18 am
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

> I think the reasons people
> choose to get on or not are more related to personal issues: family
> and/or work obligations, lack of interest due to sunspot decline, etc.

Perhaps I'm odd, but if I have only a small amount to participate in a
contest, the absolute last thing I would want to do is click around
listening to one agonizing packet pileup after another....

That being said, I know for a fact that there are quite a few
local "casual" contesters in my area who have absolutely no idea that
looking at DX spots puts you into the "assisted" category.  Is this
cheating?  I don't know, and don't really care.  They're having their
version of "fun", and usually they work me if I'm spotted so it all
works out fine.

73,
Blake N4GI