[CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Sun Dec 18 18:17:21 EST 2005

Hi George,

Yes, WRTC 2002 did have a rating system and I did go through a lot of
trouble to rank contesters. Then it was completely ignored.

OK, I'll agree you need to know CW very well to do well in the sprint.

I agree that the WRTC operating event is in no way close to the end all
testing of operating skill of a single operator.

I agree that no single method of rating will ever please everyone and be
fair to everyone. My major point was to give more potential points to a
small 4 hour domestic contest than a 48 hour international contest doesn't
make sense.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT