[CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

Mark Steven Williams k9gx at n4gn.com
Tue Dec 20 23:51:00 EST 2005

Who cares what serial number the other guy reports? If a station I work
gives me serial number 1125 fifteen minutes into the test my concern is "did
I copy it correctly?" How's my rate? Did I get his check and section right
(in SS)? The bogus serial number doesn't intimidate me at all. I know it's
either a) bogus or b) some multi running without networked PCs (unlikely!).

Things that rattle me during contests are...rate meter below 100 per hour,
puff of smoke from the amplifier, thunderstorms and sudden high SWR on any
antenna.

If you're not cranking rate it matters not what others are doing.

Merry Christmas,

Mark, K9GX