[CQ-Contest] Another LoTW gotcha

Rajiv Dewan, N2RD n2rd at arrl.net
Wed Feb 9 10:48:47 EST 2005

I did not realize that backing up the tq* files is not enough if you
change computers.  You have also to create a p12 file and back that up.

Here is what happened to me:  I backed up all the tq* and other LOTW
files and changed computers in the shack.  Then I got the renewal
notice.  I tried to follow the procedure and tried to renew within the
expiration period.  It would not work as I had not followed the proper
procedure for backing up.  So I had to request a new certificate.  The
new certificate was for n2rd01 while my old log and DXCC were under the
call N2RD.  It took a while to get it all fixed.

Hope this helps someone,
Raj
--
Rajiv Dewan, N2RD