[CQ-Contest] [ICOM] Best HF rig under $900

Buck (N4PGW) na4fm-list at towncorp.net
Tue Feb 22 08:02:01 EST 2005

Hmmm, since used rig prices vary radically and sometimes outrageously high
or low, that is a very loaded question.

How do you plan to use the rig?  What features are you most interested in?
Base, mobile, portable, QRP, built-in antenna tuner? Do you want solid
state, twelve volts or a hybrid?

I like my 706 MK II ($400 US) but if I were to want a dedicated base, I
might prefer something different.  The "G" sells for $800 new so used or
not, it fits your budget and is a good radio for the money.

73 for now.
Buck