[CQ-Contest] [Yaesu] Best HF rig under $900

Randy rwing at douglassks.net
Wed Feb 23 01:29:49 EST 2005

I have gotten several comments regarding the 847s poor HF receive.  I
probably should reiterate that it wasn't just the HF capability that I
answered (I noted the other things the radio is good for) - so I didn't
precisely answer the question.  However, it all depends what you use the
radio for, doesn't it?  I can easily understand why someone would want a
dedicated HF radio with great receive if they were into HF contesting.

I like a good all purpose radio, so let me state that I didn't answer the
question; I answered the one I wanted to answer.  :)

Randy, N0LD