[CQ-Contest] Be careful

Jeff Maass jmaass at columbus.rr.com
Sat Jan 1 19:32:08 EST 2005

The CQWW Records are listed at:
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/All-Time%20ReCW&SSB%2004com91404.pdf

6Y2A currently has the North American CW Record (39.2M),
not the World Record. Their web site does claim the
World Record (http://www.k2kw.com/tv.html).

The World Record in CQWW (both modes) is CN8WW with 70.7M
on CW, set in 1999.

The South American CW record is also higher than the 6Y2A
score, PJ4B with 47.5M, also set in 1999.

Perhaps at the time the 1998 CW contest ended, 6Y2A had
the CQWW CW M/M record (44M claimed), but I don't have
the magazines at hand, and CQ has not deigned to put
results that far back on their web site.

Jeff