[CQ-Contest] Just when you think

Steve London n2ic at arrl.net
Sat Jan 15 15:29:34 EST 2005

During CQWW CW, the behavior of most of the top-10 single-op DX stations
was deplorable, especially during the first 24 hours !  As a single-op,
all-band, NON-packet, unassisted participant, it is downright rude for
you to not sign your call at least every 3 or 4 QSO's.  It is totally
unacceptable for you to ignore me when I ask you for your call.

As a result of my experience in CQWW, I am instituting a new policy - if
you ignore my request for your call, I'm not going to wait around until
you feel like signing your call.  No QSO in my log !  I strongly
encourage others to do the same.  I may lose a QSO or multiplier, but
guess what - you're going to lose a QSO AND you're going to be penalized
3 more QSO's for a not-in-log. You don't like that ?  Tough - sign your
call !

73,
Steve, N2IC