[CQ-Contest] Fw: Just when you think

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Sun Jan 16 13:02:17 EST 2005

The practice of operating for prolonged periods without ID is bad whether done by DX-peditioners or contesters.  For my money a prolonged period is more than three qsos, even when running at 200+/hr on CW.

What I can't understand is why rules in some contests only penalise the receiver for a badly copied call and not the sender.  It seems to me that if an appropriate exchange doesn't take place then neither should there be a valid qso for either party.  If all contests supported a scheme in which both stations had to correctly log calls and other exchange requirements for either to be awarded points the emphasis on ID might be improved. (at least in contests)

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F