[CQ-Contest] New Contest Recruits

Jamie Dupree NS3T ns3t at arrl.net
Tue Jan 18 16:31:19 EST 2005

>From time to time, we have a good debate about how to
get new people into contesting.   Most of us have lots of
ideas, but it is often tough to put them into action.

One 3830 posting from NAQP SSB really caught my eye,
because it reminded me of how I used to drag fellow
college students into the shack at W4DFU (Univ of Florida)
for HF & VHF contests in the early 80's.

Kudos to KC7RSO Aaron Parker for his efforts to
get W7UQ - and a lot of new contesters - on the air.
Give it a read and say thanks to those people who are
not only contesting, but also trying to make sure we
have more people to work in the future.

http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/3830/2005-January/100385.html

Jamie NS3T