[CQ-Contest] Fw: Just when you think

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Tue Jan 18 20:23:36 EST 2005

K7ACZ added:

>I got pinged once for a busted call when I worked a friend during a
>contest who was not in the contest.  He heard me in the contest,
>answered my CQ, we chatted for a moment, I logged him and he gave me a
>contact S/N 001.  I was his only contest contact.  I considered him a
>unique call contact for me, the contest people said he was a busted
>call.  They did not indicate what they believed the call should have been.
>It wasn't a big deal, just one QSO, but makes me wonder........

Such calls appear as unique & in cases can be reasonably
interpreted as being bad by contest committees.

And reasonable contest committees will accept your asking
why it was considered a bad call.  I once saw a former colleague
who moved to Manila in my UBN report & under the circumstances
it was changed to a unique.  He got on for the first time & perhaps
last time for years to come to say hi & give me a Q - quite an
extreme but otherwise obvious unique that could have been bad.

73, VR2BrettGraham