[CQ-Contest] How frequent to ID? Every QSO? No way!

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 18 23:09:41 EST 2005

Some of the comments just 'floor' me.  A lot have complained about
José's practices.  Take a minute, step back, and look at what you
are stating.  Here is one that says it all:

"However, his approach exudes selfishness and poor sportsmanship.
Yes, I realize it is a contest, but there's a limit to how much
"me me me" one does at the expense of others.  Is it right to expect
others to wait an entire minute for an ID?   If so, those lost QSOs
are coming out of someone else's pocket."

Now look at the above from the view point this time of a station already
in the pile-up.  You come along and want to bully the other stations
calling (that's you or me me me at the expense of others).  As one low
power operator stated not iding every QSO gives the weaker calling
stations a chance to work the 'DX' in a smaller pile-up.  Bullying your
way past the weaker stations is sportsmanship? Come on, it exude
selfishness.  Is it right for you to push past others who have been
waiting longer than you?

You walk into say a McDonalds restaurant and there is a line up at
every till.  Are you so privileged to be able to walk up to the front
of the line ahead of others who were there before you and be served
first?

Some of you complain about the operating practices of others and then
you profess to use the same practices that you are complaining about!

The bands must be dead...we have too much time on our hands...tomorrow
can be a fresh start.

Doug/VA5DX