[CQ-Contest] How frequent to ID? Every QSO? No way!

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Jan 19 20:00:17 EST 2005

ZL1AIH added:

>Yaaay Brett - well said.
>Whatever the pros and cons of IDing every QSO or every 20
>QSOs are, and whatever rules contest organisers choose to
>impose, compliance with the regulations set by the relevant
>licencing authority is mandatory - some contests still require a
>signed statement to that effect.
>As an OF (licenced 1951), my memory is not what it was - can
>someone remind me which administrations permit unidentified
>radio communication with stations in foreign countries?

I think ultimately any communications are supposed to be
identified & that can be traced back to something in the ITU-RR.

I do think about this those times I venture up on phone & hear
somebody insisting on 'last two'.  In practice, we don't necessarily
ID for every QSO or every transmission, but a portion of the call
is going too far.  This is often topped off by the station running
the pile not giving the full call of the station worked (partial or
full suffix said on one transmission, prefix acknowledged on
another).  Yuck.

73 & HNY/HLNY, VR2BrettGraham