[CQ-Contest] RE: The battle of the callsigns

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Sun Jan 23 17:39:43 EST 2005

K6VVA wrote:.

 >> I'd love to operate a contest as "E5E"  ... most likely THEE shortest
 >> callsign on the planet :-)

Jim, N6TJ/ZD8Z added:

 > And knowing our buddy CT1BOH so well, he would undoubtedly cut the number
 > and send:

 >            E E E

Jose was kind enough to do an analysis for me:

 > E5E last 0,6 seconds @ 35 WPM
 >
 > K6VVA lasts 1,939 seconds @ 35 WPM

I know you love cut numbers, Jimbo.  Alas, I guess a partial relief for me
(if it were legal) could be:

	T T E E E

...or better yet, to drop the spaces and just send:

	7

If the FCC says it's OK (doubtful), should hear just the number "7" in
place of a callsign, you'll know who it is :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA