[CQ-Contest] Voice Automation Enhancements and the future

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sat Jan 29 20:53:15 EST 2005

Eric said:

> Not entirely, IMHO.  Phone rates per hour are much higher than CW rates

For some people!  I have a hearing loss from job related noise, and
listening to a phone contest drives me nuts.  I especially have problems
with auroral flutter and accents.  CW I can copy with no problems--stations
with real heavy accents--I might as well turn stuff off and go watch
football.  It would be neat to  have software that would decode stuff in
your own language without accents.  Then fone rates would really go up :-)
How far out would that be???  73
Tom W7WHY