[CQ-Contest] Re: [Trlog] More on using TRlog on a WinXP machine with a thumb USB drive

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Jan 31 14:27:43 EST 2005

Let me just add that I have had TR running from a thumb drive all morning
here in DEBUG mode -- over 900 QSOs per hour.  In my case, I have DOS on
the thumb drive, because my computer -- a dirt-cheap Dell Dimension 2400 --
will boot from a USB flash device; the option is found by hitting F12 at
the beginning of boot-up.

The procedure for putting a DOS boot sector and system files on a thumb
drive, also developed and documented by KD4D, is in the February 2005 PVRC
Newsletter, to be found at <http://pvrc.org/Newsletters/feb05.pdf>.

73, Pete N4ZR